Frequently Asked Questions
- During the checkout proccess you can purchase an item either by creating an account or as a visitor.
- You’ll receive an automated confirmation email with your order specifications and your account information.
- The payment will be confirmed (usually within minutes).
- We will email you know that your order is ready to download. You can follow the link(s) to download your order.
- If you have created an account (in step 1) you can visit printooshop.com/my-account to find your printable files.
How do I print my artwork?
There are three ways to print:
- Print your files from your home or office printer.
- Upload your files online to Shutterfly.com, Snapfish.com and Mpix.com
- Email your files to a local print shop like Staples, Office Depot or Fedex Kinkos.
What is the best paper type to print on?
The better quality paper you use the better quality print you will get.
Thick and ultra-thick paper or cardstock are some great options. As well paper or card with a matte finish is great for a modern look – and works really well with our artworks. But you might also like satin or gloss, it’s really your personal preference.
Do you do custom orders? How long does it take to process my custom order?
Absolutely! Contact us and we will create your product within 1-3 days. Then we will send you a preview to discuss potential modifications. Then you can purchase the item and once proofs weill be approved we’ll email your digital art.
I can’t find my digital download!
You can download the purchased items through the confirmation email you have received (check the spam folder also). If you have created an account you can sign in to see your purchase history. Note that your files will be available for downloading for two days. If you are still having trouble please message me 🙂 .
The payment cannot be finilized.
No problem, you can visit our Etsy Shop and purchase the products there. Note that due to Etsy’s fees and taxes the prices may differ.
Why is my image smaller when I print it?
Printers like to change to default settings to accommodate for the margins. To fix go to Print and in the Print preferences screen click Print Actual Size. If your image is still not to scale, message me.
Why is the image lighter/darker than the image on my monitor?
Different computer monitors use slightly different tones of color. Also different printers use different quantities of ink to create tones. Colors may slightly vary compared to the images on your monitor.
Can I refund/exchange my digital download?
If you’re not totally satisfied with your order, simply let us know and you will receive an improved version of your print or a full refund.